Running Flow-Aide through your tankless water heater periodically will lenghten the service life of your tankless water heater AND improve its efficiency!
How often you need to run the Flow Aide descaler through your tankless water heater depends on the quality of your water.
Flow-Aide is: Non-Corrosive, Non-Toxic, Fully Biodegradable, Safe to Handle and Zero V.O.C.
RECOMMENDED USES: Water Heaters, Boilers, Heat Exchangers, Chillers, Vacuum Pumps, Condensers, Evaporators, Tanks, Potable Waterlines, Ice Machines, Humidifiers and Water Operated Equipment.
IMPROVE EQUIPMENT EFFICIENCY: Water scale deposits are a significant cause of heat transfer loss, along with the subsequent increase in energy costs. In fact, even a thin layer of scale (1/32") can cause a 30% increase in the cost to operate that piece of equipment. Keeping the heating passages free of mineral deposits significantly improves efficiency, conserves energy, extends the useful life of the equipment, and saves you time & money.
GlobalTowne.com sells the Flow-Aide Descaler Solution, manufactured by J.C. Whitlam Manufacturing Co. This solutions is available in a 1 Quart Container and a 1 Gallon Container.
FLOW-AIDE System Descaler is specifically designed to dissolve the toughest water scale, lime, and rust deposits from virtually any piece of water based equipment. This powerful, yet totally safe, liquid is non-toxic, non-flammable, non-hazardous, non-corrosive and biodegradable. FLOW-AIDE System Descaler will not harm your personnel, equipment or our environment!
GlobalTowne also sells a Flow-Aide Tankless Water Heater Descaler Kit that contains the following:
- 1 - 3.5 Gallon Bucket
- 1 - 350 GPH Pump
- 2 - 5 Foot Rubber Hoses
- 1 - Quart Flow-Aide
Here are the steps for descaling your tankless water heater:
- Disconnect power to water heater.
- Close hot and cold isolation and service valves and remove service caps.
- Pour 1.5 gallons of water into bucket and place under water heater.
- Add contents of 1 quart bottle of Whitlam Flow-Aide into bucket (Bucket should be filled approximately 1/2 full).
- Connect one hose to pump, and other end of same hose to cold service valve. Place pump in bucket.
- Connect second hose to hot service valve. Place other end in bucket.
- Open both hot and cold service valves.
- Plug pump into grounded receptacle.
- Allow pump to circulate Whitlam Flow-Aide solution through heater for 30-45 minutes. Unplug pump.
- Close cold service valve. Remove hose from cold service valve, and replace service cap.
- Disconnect the hose from the pump and remove pump from bucket. Discard Whitlam Flow-Aide solution.
- Flush tankless water heater for 3-5 minutes or until water flows clear by opening the cold isolation valve and allowing water to exit through the hot service valve into a drain or bucket. If using a bucket, empty periodically.
- Close hot service valve. Remove hose from service valve and replace service cap.
- Open hot isolation valve.
- Connect power to water heater and return appliance to service.