Here are some generic Z-Vent Installation Tips and Hints directly from the vendor:
- A venting system that exits the structure through a sidewall or the like, shall terminate not less than 12 inches (254 mm) above the ground.
- The termination of a system shall be located above the snow line in geographical areas where snow accumulates. The termination area should be kept clear of snow and ice at all times.
- The vent shall not terminate less than 7 ft. (2.13 m) above a paved sidewalk or driveway.
- The termination shall be 6 ft. (1.8m) or more from the combustion air intake of any appliance.
- The system shall terminate more than 3 ft. (.91 m) from any other building opening, gas utility meter, service regulator or the like.
- Exterior mounted venting systems should be enclosed below the roof line with a chase to limit condensation and protect against mechanical failure.