The main difference between the older GL6+ and the new GL6+S is that the GL6+ came with a power cord that plugged directly into a 120V wall socket while the new GL6+S does not come with a power cord. The GL6+S must be hardwired at the time of installation.
Globaltowne does carry a 6' cord for the Ariston GL6+S
Here are the features of the new GL6+S:
- 6-year warranty on tank
- Glass-lined tank for longer life
- Mounts on wall or floor
- Temperature/pressure relief valve included
- Must be hard-wired to 120V
- Dimensions: 17.5" x 17.5" x 14 1/2"
- Recovery at 90 Deg F Rise: 7 GPH
- 12.5 AMPS and 1500W Heating Capacity
- Temperature Range: 65 Deg F to 145 Deg F
- Meets ASHRAE 90.1 Standard
- Relief Valve = Installed
- Power cord not included
The Ariston GL6+S model has a new improved thermostat that features a new sensing probe that is attached to the thermostat and inserts into the cavity of the new element so the heater can adjust temperatures quicker and maintain a more consistent heat.